ALEXIM TRADING CORPORATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
These terms and conditions of service constitute a legally binding contract between Alexim Trading Corporation (the “Company”) and the “Customer”. Where an Alexim document is issued, the terms and conditions contained or evidenced in such Alexim Transport Document shall, if are inconsistent with the Alexim Trading Terms and conditions of service, prevail and govern the Freight Forwarding Services in respect of which the Alexim transport document is issued.
- “Company”, mean Alexim Trading Corporation, its subsidiary branches, agents and/or representatives.
- “Freight Forwarding Services”, mean services of any kind relating to the carriage, consolidation, storage, handling, packing or Distribution of the Goods for official purposes, procuring insurance of the Goods and collecting or procuring payment or documents relating to the goods.
- “Customer”, mean the person for which the Company is rendering service, as well as its agents and/or representatives. It is responsibilities
- “Goods”: mean any property including but not limited to live animals as well as containers, pallets or similar articles of transport or packaging not supplied by the Company.
- “Dangerous Goods” Means Goods which are officially classified as hazardous as well as Goods which are or may become of a dangerous, inflammable, radioactive noxious or damaging nature to property or to persons.
No insurance will be effected by the Company, except upon express instructions given in writing by the Customer. All insurance effected are subject to the usual exceptions and conditions of the Policies of the Insurance Company or Underwriters taking the risk. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the Company shall not be under any obligation to effect a separate insurance on each consignment, but may declare it on any open or general Policy held by the Freight Forwarder.
- Limitations of Liability
In the absence of additional coverage the Company’s liability as storage keeper of the Goods shall, in any case, be limited.
The monetary compensation shall not, however, exceed:
USD$ 0.50 per Kilogram of gross weight in the Warehouse Receipt document
USD$ 50.00 per package or unit; with a maximum of
USD$ 10 000, with respect to any order (Including multiple packages).
- Exclusions of Liability
The Company can, by no means, be liable for the loss or damage occurred to the Goods, if occasioned by one or more of the following circumstances:
a. The negligence of the client or his authorized representative.
b. The lack of, or defective packaging, markings or stowage, unless the Company has executed the packing, marking or stowage. The Company shall also have no liability for packing of goods, of which it cannot verify the contents.
c. War, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, usurped power or confiscation, nationalization or requisition by or under the orders of any government or public or local authority.
d. Damages caused by nuclear energy.
e. Natural disasters.
f. Acts of God.
g. Act of robbery.
h. Circumstances were the Company could not avoid and the consequences of which it was unable to prevent.
i. Inherent vice and nature of the goods.
The Company shall not be liable for consequences of loading and unloading operations which it has not performed.
All claims should be made within 48 hours from the delivery of the Goods to the agreed location of the Freight Forwarding Services.